Sunday, June 21, 2009

First Big Project!

Ok, so it's been a couple weeks since summer started for me and I am starting in on my first major project. I am going to tackle the choas that is my office/craft/sewing/storage room. By the many purposes that this room has to serve, one can tell that this will be quite an adventure! But I am confident. I have much creative inspiration and DIY instructions and support from various sites and blogs and equally important, a hubby that is handy.
First, I must reveal the mess. This is the first time that it has been exposed to members outside the immediate family. (I reccommend those who are squeamish cover their eyes and scroll past)
The Room





So there it is. It's a small room (about 10x10 ft) and has to serve multiple purposes. The inspiration for the room is coming from several sources. The beginning came from a fab DIY project by Michelle from 3 Men & a Lady. I love the project, but I especially love the shelving and the colors. In the past, I have been opposed to using adjustable track shelving, but seeing the way she put it together with other elements made me realize that they can be functional while actually looking cute. I love it! The shelves were the only option that made sense for us in terms of function, size and price when we set out to re-do the office in the first place, but I didn't want to use it, so the project stalled. Thanks to this new inspiration, the project is on!
First step.....clear out all the STUFF. And yes, that is a plush deer head on the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment